The Western Oregon University Parents Club is a tremendous resource for parents and families of WOU students! The Parents Club offers a variety of services and resources:
- Scholarships! Through Parents Club dues, we offer a number of scholarships to WOU students each year. For 2009-2010, we are offering four $1,000 scholarships to students of WOU Parents Club members. These scholarships are able to make a big difference in the lives of our students and without them, our students tell us they may not be able to afford to go to college.
- Survival Kits for students during Finals Week. Parents can sign up and have their student receive a finals week Survival Kit of goodies, snacks, school supplies and more in a decorated bag to with them well during the last week of exams! Proceeds go towards the scholarship program.
- Parents Club Apparel – we offer a variety of apparel options for WOU Parents – net proceeds all go towards the Parents Club scholarships.
- Parent Resource website – Off of the main Parents Club webpage, you will find links to a variety of important resources including resources for incoming students, for graduating students, Hawaiian students and much more!
- Newsletters – we offer newsletters once/term that give updates on Parents Club programs and meetings.
- Special Occasion gifts – gifts for your student for birthdays, Valentine’s Day or just because! Again, proceeds go towards Parents Club
- Emergency Funds – the Parents Club offers emergency grants to students that find themselves in need.
- Sponsoring Family Weekend – the Parents Club is a major sponsor and assists heavily in the Family Weekend program at Western Oregon University.
If you would like to get involved with the Parents Club on campus, we would love to have you! Simply go to our website. We are looking forward to having you be an active part of this group!