Creating a safe living environment is of the utmost importance to the departments of Residence Life, Public Safety, and the Colorado School of Mines community. The Mines Police Department is a full service department providing 24/7 police services to the campus community.
To promote student safety, Mines Police offers the following services:
- Continuous vehicle, bike, and foot patrols by full-time sworn police officers
- Residence Life staff that monitor the community inside the halls
- Locked residential building entry doors 24 hours a day
- Escort to and from campus facilities and parking lots provided by officers 24 hours a day
- Emergency communication network between Public Safety staff and residence hall staff
- Continuously update and test emergency management policies and procedures
- Mines Emergency Alert system, which allows students to be immediately updated by text, phone, and email on any emergency situation possibly threating the campus community
For questions and a description of additional police services, contact Public Safety at (303) 273-3333 or check out their website.