- First-Year Preceptorial emphasizes critical reading and thinking skills, writing, speaking and cultural diversity.
- Sophomore Research Seminar helps students expand their research and writing skills through content-rich courses designed by faculty from throughout the college.
- Steinmetz Symposium showcases the research, scholarship and creative endeavors of hundreds of students each spring.
- Senior Thesis or Capstone Project encourages students to research, prepare and design their own project around an issue or problem of interest, with strong support from faculty members.
- Academic competitions such as the intercollegiate Ethics Bowl, Mini-Baja Competition, Model United Nations and SAE AeroLift put students' skills, acumen and hard work to the test alongside their peers nationwide.
- Internships in such leading organizations as Barclay's, Bloomberg, GE Energy, Goldman Sachs, Hearst, IBM, NASA, NBC, Proctors Theater and Teach for America, to name just a few, give students a leg up when seeking jobs after graduation.