Marymount offers three special opportunities for first-year and upperclass students with similar academic interests to live and learn together in selected communities. These communities offer frequent interaction with discipline- or program-related faculty, weekly group study sessions, and special lectures and gatherings arranged for the enrichment of their residents.
- The Women in Sciences Community is designed for female Biology and Health Sciences students and offers regular field trips as part of the community experience.
- The Honors Community is designed for members of Marymount’s Honors program and offers museum excursions, graduate school information sessions, and other activities.
- The MU Global Thinkers Community aims to enhance mutual respect and understanding among U.S. and international students cross-cultural programs and experiences.
What To Bring To Campus
- Alarm clock
- Bathroom supplies and towels
- Bed sheets/comforter (80-inch long recommended for twin XL beds)
- Coffee maker
- Computer and printer (virus protection required)
- Hair dryer
- Iron and small table-top ironing board
- Pets (fish only!)
- Refrigerator (2 cubic ft & 10 amps maximum)
- Surge protectors/power strips
- Non-halogen table or floor lamps
- TV/DVD player/stereo/radio