T.S.U.P.D. Mission Statement
To provide a safe and secure educational environment through collaborative interaction with students, faculty and staff recognizing the multicultural and diverse university community.
The TSU Police Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is located on West Heiman Street in the General Services Building. If you are on campus and have an emergency, please contact the TSU Police Department at (615) 963-5171 instead of 911. We advise this to avoid any delays with services. A certified trained TSU police dispatcher will contact the necessary emergency services to assist you.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings and people around you.
- Do not walk alone. After dark, use the shuttle service.
- Walk with purpose. Do not be distracted talking or looking for something.
- Park and walk in well-lit and populated areas when possible.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle doors locked and avoid leaving valuables out.
- Do not flaunt cash, jewelry, camera phones, or other things of value.
- Books or book bags should never be left unattended on tables, desks, floors, or in classrooms. Keep up with your belongings at all times.
- Place an identifying number inside the front cover of your books and personal property.
- Register your vehicle with the TSU Police and properly display your parking hangtag.
- Attend seminars on crime prevention awareness techniques.
- Be sure to report suspicious or troublesome individuals by notifying the TSU Police Department.
Remember Think Safety First
Help the T.S.U.P.D. to promote a crime-free campus. Contact the Campus Crime Prevention Program at (615) 963-6601 for more details.