Freshmen students are required to live in Campus Village for two academic-year semesters, subject to availability of space. Your student will receive information about how to apply for housing once they have been admitted to the university and have confirmed their intent to enroll.
Most residence hall assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so your student is encouraged to apply for housing as soon as possible after they decide to attend the University of Colorado Denver.
Campus Village is the only Student Housing facility directly associated with CU Denver and is the only housing that meets the requirement for the first year residency policy.
When you live on campus, you live where the action is and all of the University facilities are within easy access. Campus Village provides students with a lot more than just a place to sleep and provides a variety of services and supports to aid in your academic success.
Students who live in Campus Village have higher success in terms of GPA and retention that their peers who live off campus in their first year at CU Denver.
Benefits of Living On Campus
Academic Support On-Site
- Tutoring is available in the building several times each week for math, biology, and chemistry
- The University Writing Center also has a satellite location in Campus Village to assist students with work on papers and other written assignments
- The Learning Resource Center, Resident Advisors, and others regularly provide workshops on time management, study skills and other academic topics
- Campus Village also has numerous lounges and quiet study areas.
Great Location for Academics and Social Life
- Walking distance from classrooms, libraries, light rail, recreation and Lower Downtown
- Advanced locking and fire safety systems
- Security patrol of the grounds and parking lots around Campus Village
- Emergency phones in prominent locations throughout campus that connect directly to the police
- Auraria Night Rider -- free night-time transportation from campus to CVA
Focus on Student Learning and Success
- Programs and Activities that focus on key areas of learning and development
- Partnerships with CU Denver Career Services, Tutoring Center, and other offices that provide support for student success
To learn more about Campus Village