This fall, UH parents and family members are invited to campus for a weekend of activities and programs, including a UH football game! The goal of Family Weekend is to welcome our parents to the UH community and give them the opportunity to learn about their student's life here at the University. Events include a variety of social and educational activities for parents and family members including a Family Picnic, Welcome Breakfast with UH Administration and a as Family Tailgate Celebration!
This is a real opportunity to connect with your student and the University! Here are a few tips to help make the most of your visit:
- Attend a session at your student's college. This is a great opportunity to see what your student is experiencing in the classroom and how their college is preparing them for their future.
- Try New Things. There will be a variety of activities available during the weekend. Try some of these new things with your student, from sporting events to theater productions, your student may find a new hobby, interest or direction as a result!
- Meet & Mingle. Attend receptions, talk with other parents and meet administrators and faculty members. These people are at your disposal during the weekend. Plus, you'll get a better feel for what campus life is about and who is available to your student.
- Get to know your student's friends during the weekend. You may even want to suggest ahead of time that a group of their friends and families attend one of the meals or events together.
- Check out campus facilities while you're visiting. The pool is open, why not go for a swim? Roam around the University Center, visit nature nooks on campus and soak it all in.
- You'll have the opportunity to take a family photo during the weekend. Send it to your student via email or regular mail once you get home as a happy memento
- Put yourself in Visitor Mode. You're on your student's turf this weekend. Let them take the lead and show you their place with pride, and have a wonderful visit!All family members must register to attend Family Weekend!
Complete details, including the schedule and registration information are located on our website.