Much like the PTA, the UK Parent Association is a dues-based organization. While all parents and guardians of UK undergraduates can seek assistance from the Parent Association staff, participate in Family Weekend, and access the Parent Association website, there are benefits available only to current members. Join today, and support your UK student for just a few dollars a month!
• Cat Chat e-mail newsletter, one of the Parent Association's most popular services
• Insider's Guide handbook for parents of new UK students
• Chapter Two handbook for parents of UK sophomores
• Family Focus newsletter
• Member discounts, including local hotels, restaurants, and shops
• Family Weekend perks, including ticket discounts for select events
• Eligible to apply to be on the Parent Advisory Council
• Access to the Parent Association website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
• Support from the staff in the Office of New Student & Parent Programs
• Special goodies, including a Parent Association tote bag, for parents and family members who sign up in person at Parent Association events
If your student enrolled at the University of Kentucky during or prior to the 2010 - 2011 school year, you are eligible for a free Parent Association membership. In order to activate your membership, you will need to enter updated contact information in our new membership database. Contact the Parent Association for more information.
If your student entered UK during the 2011 - 2012 or 2012 - 2013 school year, you are invited to join the Parent Association. All parents and family members of UK undergraduate students are eligible to join the Parent Association. We welcome parents, guardians, grandparents, and anyone interested in supporting a UK student. Membership is per household.
Annual Membership: $35
(Valid through June 30, 2013)
That's only $2.91 a month!
Undergraduate Career: $125
(Valid for five years, through June 30, 2017)
This is a savings of $15 versus four annual memberships and $50 versus five annual memberships!
Please visit our website for a membership application.
While we strongly encourage all families to join the Parent Association and take advantage of the numerous membership benefits, we are committed to providing assistance regardless of membership status. Therefore, all UK families are invited to:
• Attend Family Weekend
• Access the UK Parent Association website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
• Seek support from the staff in the Office of New Student & Parent Programs
The Parent Association is a self-supporting organization that does not receive funding from the University. Therefore, membership dues as well as private support are essential to the continuation of UKPA programs and services, including Family Weekend and parent publications. Knowing that sending a student to college is a financial sacrifice for the whole family, we are committed to keeping membership dues as reasonable as possible.