The Parkside Academic Resource Center and The Ranger Writing Center provides easily assessable academic support that promotes scholarly competency and success. The services promote personal responsibility and academic integrity within the mission of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
Your student has the right to work with a tutor who:
- Treats them with respect.
- Is patient.
- Is familiar with the material.
- Will practice confidentiality.
- Will listen intently.
- Will explain the information in the terms they understand.
- Is not judgmental about ability levels.
- Explains concepts, but does not do the work for them.
- Provides positive encouragement.
- Is trained in effective techniques.
- Accepts individuals without personal judgments or comparisons with others.
- Allows students to make final decisions regarding work and assignments.
Wyllie Hall, 107