2020 Summer Intern Investment Analyst
- Enterprise Infrastructure software
- Software as a Service (SaaS)- B2B and B2C
- Our unique success formula includes three key pillars:
- Unrivaled Sourcing by our analyst team
- Strong focus on growth stage software
- Value Added Post Investment Resources provided by our Onsite consulting team
We look forward to having the opportunity to learn more about you.
A Growth Stage Venture Firm Opportunity
Our Summer Investment Analyst program focuses on teaching analysts about the venture and PE investing business. You will receive training on how to best speak to entrepreneurs, different business models that are attractive to Insight, how deals are structured, and the lifecycle of a deal. You will be supported during the summer by an analyst mentor, your team members, and partners. By the end of your 10-week internship, you will have evaluated hundreds of business and business models, gained industry and market expertise, and developed an understanding of the entire venture investment cycle.
Few leading investment organizations offer the type of opportunity that Insight Venture Partners offers our interns. The life blood of our organization is sourcing, and you will be immediately thrust into the chaotic world of venture funded business. You will be speaking with entrepreneurs every day, learning from them, questioning them, and ultimately recommending if their business is worth considering for investment.
Sourcing venture businesses is not easy work
Funding growth stage venture business in the technology space today is not easy work. It is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find their next “winner.” Insight's approach is unique, and our Analysts are our front line in interacting with and informing entrepreneurs about the Insight difference. Our analysts are involved in the all stages of the deal process. Job #1--Find Great Companies- Finding great companies may sound easy…it isn't. You will need to first locate them, ascertain their growth prospects and momentum, and learn about their markets. You will develop investment theses and, over time, develop deal judgement. It will be critical for you to be able to cultivate strong relationships with entrepreneurs and demonstrate the value that Insight provides these companies before, during, and after the fund raising process.
This will be your focus as a Summer Analyst.
- Get involved with deals- When a deal goes live, you will be exposed to the evaluation process, negotiations, and due diligence. You may also have a role in performing industry and market research, financial modeling, and customer analytics.
- Developing investment memos- All of the work up to this point comes together in an investment memo which lays out both the risks and merits of a transaction. Here you will learn to present both the qualitative and quantitative analysis of a deal.
- Find great M&A targets- Many of our growth and PE investments rely upon successful acquisitions to bolster top line growth. You will learn how to identify synergistic M&A targets, how these deals might be structured, and how the post-acquisition company might be organized.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click Here to Apply