You can find your niche in NYU Athletics! NYU's Department of Athletics, Intramurals, and Recreation is the University's second largest work-study and non work-study employer. Our student employees perform as administrative-patron liaisons while also providing a welcoming customer service environment. They help us foster a safe, fun and recreational atmosphere for our member population while gaining valuable work skills, life-long learning opportunities, and lasting friendships. We are seeking the caliber of student employee that will enhance our team and help us better serve the NYU community.
New York University - Palladium Athletic Facility
The Palladium Athletic Facility offers patrons a 28-ft climbing wall, a state of the art aerobic room, an extensive weight facility, a regulation-sized basketball court, and an L-shaped 450,000 gallon swimming pool. The Department of Athletics, Intramurals, and Recreation is looking for motivated and enthusiastic students to help staff this modern athletic facility.
Lifeguards are expected to:
- Perform safety checks, routine cleaning of all equipment, and various maintenance duties as directed by operations supervisor.
- Report hazards or potential hazards to Public Safety/facility supervisor and take measures to prevent accidents.
- Ensure patron safety by enforcing pool policies and procedures.
- Keep pool deck organized and clean.
- Monitor lap lanes for correct speeds.
- Test water for PH and chlorine at scheduled times.
- Maintain certifications in both lifeguarding and CPR for the professional rescuer.
- Answer any phone calls or questions from patrons politely, consistently, and accurately.
- Make sure pool and air temperatures are consistent.
- Distribute and organize swimming equipment.
- Assist with projects as necessary.
Click Here to Apply