Category Specialist - Retail eCommerce (Hoboken, NJ)
Own a Business,
Launch Your Career.
Why work on a business when you can own it?
Walmart's Retail Entrepreneur Acceleration Launchpad (REAL) is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Category Specialists to own, manage, and scale an eCommerce category from day one, with the backing of the world's largest retail company.
In REAL, you'll:
- Become a retail category expert
- Develop stand-out business acumen
- Learn alongside industry trailblazers
- Experience unrivaled growth
- Lay the foundation for a go-anywhere, do-anything career
- In a nutshell, your job will be combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, eye for trends, and passion for helping our customers to create the best shopping experience on the planet - for one specific category (E.g. if you owned 'denim', you would be responsible for jeans, jackets… everything, for our global marketplace!) Putting your interpersonal and persuasion skills to use, you'll collaborate with vendors, marketing, product, and supply chain teams to make sure we sell what customers want.
Have an idea? Go for it. You'll have access to merchandising tools and technology to help test, validate, and bring your ideas to life on one of the world's largest eCommerce platforms.
We're hiring in the San Francisco Bay / Silicon Valley and New York Metro areas, and accepting applications for future roles in the Boston Metro, Omaha Metro or Madison Heights, MI areas.
Dive in with best-in-class training …
It all starts with our immersive 12-week training program, where you'll be trained in all required skills, tools, and systems to own your category with confidence. You'll be mentored by experienced leaders and industry experts who will advise and help you succeed. Plus, you'll be part of a top-of-the-class cohort, growing and learning alongside peers with whom you'll network and share ideas.
… then crush the day-to-day.
Thrive at the center of Walmart's eCommerce Retail organization, equipped with the know-how you need to grow your category and deliver an incredible shopping experience. Your world will revolve around these “6 Its:”
- Have It: Provide the best assortment of products for our customers. Manage and monitor onboarding and item setup process to make sure products are available and ready to sell.
- Find It: Ensure customers can easily browse and find the products they want. Improve the navigation experience (browse/search) by managing and enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
- Display It: Attract customers through compelling messaging and visual merchandising. Manage item and category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, and basic and enhanced content.
- Price It: Optimize item and category pricing and providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors.
- Deliver It: Work cross-functionally to ensure customers receive their products quickly and efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping and the physical product.
- Optimize It: Rinse and repeat. Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
Click Here to Apply