Data Science Internship
This project's aim is to create a web application that will allow users to leverage publicly available information by organizing and presenting the data in a more useful way than how it is currently made available. This internship is an integral part of our project and is centered on gathering and organizing the data that will form the backbone of our application.
The project will be publicly available and can be used as part of your skills and experience portfolio for future employment.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for:
- Develop method for aggregating data from multiple public databases into one proprietary database
- Develop method for automated continued update of the proprietary database
- Develop methods for data cleaning and organization
Depending on the progress that you make during the 16-week internship, additional tasks may be assigned:
- Define data nodes to facilitate meaningful query
- Develop a dashboard for visualization and/or query of the proprietary database
In order to perform the job successfully, the intern should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks;
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work; derives satisfaction from delivery of useable tools
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Must be currently enrolled in BS, MS or PhD program
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Power BI, Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience working on database, SQL
- Familiarity with one or more general purpose programming language like R, python, C++, Matlab etc although you will not be expected to extensively use these skills
- Familiarity with version control software like github
Current student in Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science with an emphasis on Data Science
Compensation will be an hourly rate for actual hours worked plus a bonus for delivery of a functional product.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The work may be completed off-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to talk and hear. The intern frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Thank you for your interest in our temporary position. Please be advised that the selected candidate will be employed and receive all wages directly from a third-party staffing agency selected by Qualomics, LLC