The Best Discounts Available for College Students
The Best Discounts Available for College Students
For college students surviving on a very limited budget, finding ways to save money is almost like a game. Fortunately, with so many discounts for college students available, today’s student doesn’t have to go to the lengths students did in the past, such as living off Ramen noodles and using coffee filters borrowed from the cafeteria for toilet paper.
If you are a college student or know someone who is, the following discounts for college students will help you save money.
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft knows that even though the struggle is real, most professors love for students to create PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and more. This is why Microsoft gives college students access to Microsoft Office completely FREE, as long as you sign up with a college email address. As an added bonus, you’ll get 1TB of online storage.
- Prezi: Prezi gives students the ability to create amazing presentations online, store them online, and control who views them for FREE.
- Norton Antivirus Software: College students know the importance of keeping their computer free of viruses. Of course, antivirus software can be expensive, which is why college students can take advantage of Norton Antivirus Software, which includes Norton WiFi Privacy, for half of what everyone else pays.
- Microsoft Imaging Design Software: A wide variety of Microsoft’s latest software and development tools are available by download for FREE for interested college students.
- Logitech: From mobile devices to webcams, speakers, headphones, and more, students can shop through the Logitech Student Store for discounted products.
College students who prefer to eat outside the cafeteria from time to time will appreciate the discounts offered by the following restaurants. (Keep in mind that offers may vary depending on your location.) Typically students receive anywhere from 10% to 25% off, a free drink, or a certain menu item free. Just be sure to have your college ID on you when you go to order.
- Fast Food: Arbys, Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Dairy Queen, Firehouse Subs, Qdoba, Subway, Taco Bell
- Sit-down: Buffalo Wild Wings, Chipotle, Shari’s Restaurants, Shoney’s, Waffle House
- Delivery: Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns
To make it even to learn what restaurants in your area offer college student discounts, download the Hooked app, which allows you to glance at a map of your campus and the surrounding area to see who is offering some type of deal right at that moment.
For college students who love to shop, here are a few of the top clothing stores that are more than willing to help you save a little money. Again, you’ll need your student ID.
- Banana Republic
- Charlotte Russo
- Eddie Bauer
- Forever 21
- J. Crew
- Juicy Couture
- Kate Spade
- Steve Madden
If your favorite place to shop isn’t listed, ask if they offer a student discount the next time you are in there. You never know.
Cell Phone Bills
AT&T offers student discounts to certain college students. You can check your eligibility here. If you use Verizon, you may be eligible for 10% off your monthly bill. Find out here. Sprint users can see if they are available for a monthly service discount here.
Whether you pay your own car insurance or your parents do it for you, everyone loves a discount.
- Allstate: offers up to 20% off for getting good grades
- Farmers: offers a “Good Student Discount”
- Geico: offers up to 15% off
- Nationwide: also has a “Good Student Discount” available
- State Farm: offers as much as 25% off for getting good grades
If you don’t have a car, but really want one, the General Motors College Discount may come in handy. Visit the GM website for details and to get an authorization code.
If you prefer streaming video, you can receive 50% off Amazon Prime service, which also includes unlimited two-day shipping. Referred to as Amazon Student, you also get a FREE six-month free trial period.
As an added bonus, numerous MLB and NHL teams offer student discounts, as does some Regal Theaters. AMC Theatres offers discounted movie tickets for students who present their college ID on Thursday nights.
All the Extras
If you are a fan of buying in bulk (regardless of what it is), you may want to invest in the Sam’s Club Collegiate Membership. You’ll instantly receive a $25 eGift card. If you are strictly in need of electronics, the Best Buy Student Hub will help you save money.
If you frequently need to ship things, the FedEx Student Discount Club can be used to save anywhere from 20% to 30%.
If you are a college student who is struggling to get by, there are numerous options available to help you save money. Take advantage of all the opportunities listed above and don’t be afraid to ask if a discount is available anywhere else you might go.
Note: This was a guest post from one of our readers. If you’re interested in submitting a guest post to UniversityParent.com, please click here to learn more.