Managing Finances

What if I can’t pay my tuition?

If you are unable to pay tuition this fall, here are a few tips:

  • Contact your student’s bursar or financial aid office and ask to sign up for a payment plan. 
  • Apply for a federal Stafford Loan. Federal Stafford loans are fixed-rate federal student loans for undergraduate and graduate students attending college at least half-time. Stafford loans are the most common and one of the lowest-cost ways to pay for school.
  • Apply for a Parent Loan for Undergraduate Studies (PLUS). The Federal Parent PLUS Loan helps parents and guardians with good credit borrow up to the cost of attendance for their undergraduate children. Parent PLUS Loan funds can be used for tuition, supplies, housing, and more.
  • Apply for a home equity loan or line of credit. Contact your banker for more information.
Recent Articles

Get our newsletter

Email Submitted

Weekly Tips to Help Your Student Succeed