Tips for Parents
Top Questions Submitted on UniversityParent.com 9-21-09
Here are the questions college parents submitted on our site on 9-21-09:
- How can I send balloons for my Western Kentucky University student’s birthday? Try this site: http://www.deemerfloral.com/ or call: (800) 333-6377
- When is parents weekend at Northern Arizona University? October 2-4, 2009. For more information, please visit: http://home.nau.edu/familyweekend/
- How do I activate the Blazer One Card for Vincennes University? Please visit this site and click “activate”: https://blazeronecard.higheroneaccount.com/
- Is there a grocery store that will deliver groceries to a Liberty University student? To my knowledge – there is not. The closest grocery store is: Walmart at 3900 Wards Rd, Lynchburg, VA.
- Where do students go for emergency heath care needs at the University of Illinois Chicago? Please visit: http://www.uic.edu/hsc/campuscare/afterhours.html
- Do i need to print anything out for a visit to Western Michigan University? Please fill out this form: https://www.wmich.edu/admissions/visit/visitform/vform.html or call 269-387-2289.
- When can we apply for scholarships? Start now! Please try either of these searches: http://www.universityparent.com/deals#scholarships
- How much is on-campus housing at Kennesaw State University? KSU Housing offers 4 communities on campus. To view housing rates visit www.KSUHousing.com, click on the community links on the right side of the page, then click amenities and scroll down for the rates associated with that community.
- When is Parent’s Weekend at University of Colorado at Boulder? Parent’s Weekend will be held October 16-18, 2009.
- My daughter is a sophmore at the University of Oklahoma. She needs help with a serious problem with test anxiety….who can she contact to get help with her problem? Please encourage your daughter to visit the Counseling Services office. OU Counseling Services: located on the second floor of Goddard Health Center, which is located on the corner of Elm and Brooks. We are open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our phone number is (405) 325-2911 or 325-2700. Please feel free to contact us for further information or to schedule an initial appointment. In addition we welcome you to explore this site and learn more about each of our services. For more info: http://goddard.ou.edu/counselingservices.html
- How do I register for San Diego State University Family Weekend? Please visit this site to register: http://www.sa.sdsu.edu/parents/familyweekend/register.html
- How can I add money to my K-State University student’s cash card? Please visit this site: https://ksu.managemyid.com/reference.dca?cdx=login
- I’m looking for information about the University of Oklahoma class ring ceremonies. Please visit this site for information on the Ring Ceremony: http://orangeconnection.org/s/860/index-blue.aspx?sid=860&gid=1&pgid=273
- My daughter is not enjoying living in the dorm this year. She is a sophomore. I’ve given her the option to commute second semester; she is going to stick it out the first semester. Should I just make her stay the full year? I think the answer to your question really depends on why your daughter isn’t enjoying living in the residence halls. Has she spoken to any of the residence hall staff about her concerns? Generally – I always think its better for students to live on-campus rather than commute because they are able to be more connected to the campus community. However, without knowing more about why she’s unhappy, its difficult to advise. Please encourage her to speak with the Residence Hall staff!
- Where can I find a calendar for the year for Murray State University? Murray State University Calendar: http://www.murraystate.edu/registrar/content/fallcaldat.htm
- I cannot find information about the drexel family weekend online. Can you help me? Yes! Here’s the family weekend site: http://www.drexel.edu/StudentLife/familyweekend/default.html. It will be held: November 7 – 9, 2008.
- When is Parent’s Weekend at Southern Oregon University? They do not have one for 2009.