Finding student housing
Looking for off-campus housing near your student’s university campus? The right apartment can have a huge impact on your student’s comfort and well-being. Here are a few things to consider in your housing search:
- Proximity: Look for an apartment close to campus, public transportation, and shopping.
- Amenities: Ask whether the apartment has laundry facilities, a fitness center, common social and study areas, and parking.
- Safety: Look for an apartment in a safe neighborhood and ask about the building’s security features.
- Community: Is the apartment geared toward college student living? Some student-friendly apartment complexes emphasize features that support academic success.
- Management and upkeep: Is the apartment in good repair? Is management easily reachable and responsive to repair requests?
Apartment hunting tips